Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Kicked today's ass. But today has kicked my neck.

I'm home and in bed now, at an hour when I have more often still been on campus this week. I've hit a wall -  sleep or risk stumbling into traffic. My neck has gotten bad enough that it hurts to move my head, so tomorrow I'll be making a pilgrimage to the health centre before another day of writing. I don't have time for this...hopefully they can refer me for a massage, or chiropractic work, or something that will fix this, stat.

Today at 4:30 I handed in two more papers. Just two to go! One is going to be a pretty straightforward consideration of imtersectionality; for the other I'm going on a bit of a metaphorical limb, though not too far out. Stay tuned. I'm excited for where this one can go conceptually.

The excitement of the day came at 1pm, when I was midway through typing the sentence, "feminine distribution of pubic hair." We were about to go for lunch when the fire alarm rang. I think I terrified my friend who shares my office by screaming; I'm not sure how loud my scream was but it was probably not an expected reaction! We ended up all going to the pub in another building rather than just the cafeteria downstairs. I suspect that the alarm was pulled by an undergrad who didn't want to deal with their exams. Luckily the interruption only slightly slowed down my work for the day.

The plan now is to get a solid 8 hours of sleep, then head up to the health centre to be there when they open and beg for an appointment. It's tricky at this time of year, since lots of people are trying to get sick notes for exams. Then I'll follow that by hopefully getting both my remaining papers at least into detailed outlines with the occasional paragraph. I'd love to have completely polished at least one by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment